7 things that were more likely to happen than Leicester winning the league
The unbelievable is reality. Leicester City are the Premier League champions! Bookies around the world are digging deep into their pockets right now after the team started the season as 5000-1 outsiders. The chances of Leicester winning the league were the same as Christmas Day being the warmest of the year or proving that the Yeti exists!
Even more surprising however, are the things that were seen as more likely to happen than the underdogs winning the league.
1. The next James Bond will be… David Beckham. 200-1 (Source: William Hill)
2. Donald Trump will win the US presidential election and nominate Hulk Hogan as his vice president. 500-1 (Source: 888sport)
3. Katie Price will win this year’s Nobel Prize in Literature. 100-1 (Source: Paddy Power)
4. Andy Murray’s daughter (born this February) will lose more Australian Open finals than her father. 250-1. BONUS – Murray will name his future son Novak. 500-1 (Source: Paddy Power)
5. Bono will be the next pope. 1000-1 (Source: Paddy Power)
6. Germany will be the lowest scoring team at EURO 2016. 300-1 (Source: tipico)
7. Elvis is alive! 2000-1 (Source: Paddy Power)