Dakota Johnson: “I’m not ashamed of my body”Dakota Johnson took on the lead in an erotic drama and proved she’s made of steele
Did Dakota Johnson have any choice but to be a leading lady? Both her grandmother, Tippi Hedren, and her mother, Melanie Griffith, have enjoyed long careers in Hollywood, but neither of them has starred, as Dakota did, in a global blockbuster like Fifty Shades Of Grey.
The adaptation of the best-selling novel brought erotic drama back to the big screen, and made a star of Johnson, playing Anastasia Steele, a college graduate drawn into the world of BDSM sex. She did not use a body double in filming. “It’s true that I’m not ashamed of my body,” says the 27-year-old. “I’m comfortable and I think more women should be more confident. I think nudity and sexual scenes in movies are beautiful when tastefully done.”
There will be two more chances to see such scenes, in Fifty Shades Darker, out in February, and next year’s Fifty Shades Freed. And for Dakota, three Fifties adds up to the jackpot.
- FULL NAME: Dakota Mayi Johnson
- BORN: October 4, 1989 (age 27) Austin, Texas, U.S.
- FAMILY: Daughter of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith
- FAMOUS FILMS: Need for Speed, Black Mass, Fifty Shades of Grey
- UPCOMING FILMS: Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Free
- FUN FACT: Granddaughter of American advertising executive and child stage actor Peter Griffith