1. Watch and learn. Given the right tutorial, anyone can become a musician.
2. Bands no longer have to pay an arm and a leg to get their video shown.
3. Music nerds can find all sorts on a public database.
4. Thanks to the YouTube Mixer, DJs now have the crossfader for a smooth transition every time.
1. Filming at a concert just so you can be the first on YouTube.
2. Club nights where the DJ plays straight from YouTube; clubgoers spend the whole time watching videos.
3. Sound quality got worse.
4. YouTube’s new music streaming service unsettles indie labels.