Ethan Hawke - The Real DealThe American actor hasn’t let fame change him. And remaining an amateur has made him magnificent
Being down to earth isn’t usually a quality that makes a man stand out. But when it comes to Ethan Hawke, it’s impossible to ignore.
A child actor, friend to the late River Phoenix, star of film classic Dead Poets Society by 18, numerous awards, a marriage to Hollywood A-lister Uma Thurman… His has not been a life that keeps you grounded. Yet the father of four is refreshingly ego-free.
“So often you meet people who are successful and they seem miserable,” says the 45-year-old Texan. “I’ve always tried to chase the attitude and stance of an amateur.”
It’s why he’s dabbled with music and written books. But, as attested by this year’s star-studded Magnificent Seven, he’s still a master of the acting game.
- FULL NAME: Ethan Green Hawke
- BORN: November 6, 1970 (age 45) Austin, Texas, United States
- PARTNER: Ryan Hawke
- CHILDREN: 4
- FAMOUS FILMS: Dead Poets Society, Training Day
- UPCOMING FILMS: Magnificent Seven, Maudie
- FUN FACT: Published his first novel, The Hottest State, in 1996 (the novel sold for $400,000 to Little, Brown and Company).