LaptimeHow many of our questions can Daniel Ricciardo answer in the time it took Michael Schumacher to set the lap record at Spielberg in 2003?
1. Favourite film of all time? Friday Night Lights. Dumb & Dumber is up there, too.
2. What song do you wish you had written? Follow The Sun by Xavier Rudd.
3. What words or phrases do you overuse? Beauty.
4. Favourite driver of all time? In F1, Ayrton Senna. Elsewhere, Dale Earnhardt.
5. What was your first car? Toyota HiLux.
6. If I ran F1, the first thing I would change is… I’d like to have Sundays off, so we’d race on Saturday instead.
7. Guiltiest pleasure? Chocolate.
8. What would your super power be? Flying.
9. It’s a fancy dress party: what do you go as? I had one this year. I had an afro, handle-bar moustache and Aviators.
10. If you’d been born a girl, what name would your parents have given you? Mississippi Isabele.
11. When was the last time you got in a fight and what was it over? Doing Jiu Jitsu with my trainer, Stu.
12. When was the last time you were rushed to hospital? In 2003. I broke my arm.
13. What’s your worst habit? Biting my nails.
14. What’s the best hotel you’ve ever stayed in? Lost Pines, a ranch we stay at near Austin.
15. If you were a sandwich, what filling would you be? Chicken salad.
16. What’s your most treasured possession? iPod.
17. Last book you read? The Visitor by Lee Child. It’s a crime thriller. Reading helps me sleep
18. If you could date any celebrity, who would she be? Sophia Bush from One Tree Hill.
19. Best concert you ever saw? Alexisonfire, on their farewell tour in London in 2012.
20. You’re on death row: What’s your last supper? Pizza: Italian sausage, buffalo mozzarella, cheese, rocket, mushrooms, artichokes, chilli, everything.
21. You’ve got a time travelling DeLorean: when do you travel to? The 1960s for the F1 era and the music.
22. What would you like to do after F1? Ride dirt bikes all day with my friends.